This was one of the quickest meals I have made and it was really yum!
Originally this recipe was “Quick Salmon Tikka with Cucumber Yoghurt” from the Jamie Oliver Ministry of Food cookbook, but I don’t eat seafood so had to reinvent… and this was my result.
|Time: 20mins||Serves: 2|
2 naan breads
1 red chilli (optional, leave out if you don’t like spice)
1/2 a cucumber
4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
salt and pepper
a few sprigs of coriander
4 chicken tenderloins
2 tablespoons of tandoori paste
- Preheat your oven to 110°C, wrap your naans in foil (add a few drops of water if you want to keep them nice and soft) and place in the oven to warm through.
- Halve, de-seed and finely chop your chilli. Peel and halve your cucumber length-ways. Roughly chop the cucumber and put most of it into a bowl. Halve your lemon and squeeze the juice from one half into the bowl. Add the yoghurt, a pinch of salt and pepper and half the chopped chilli, and stir.
- Pick the coriander leaves and put to one side.
- Spoon tablespoon of tandoori paste into a small dish, then use a pastry brush or the back of a spoon to smear the tandoori paste all over each piece. Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, add a lug of olive oil, then add the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked all the way through.
- Place a warmed naan bread on each plate. Top each one with a good dollop of cucumber yoghurt and 2 pieces of chicken. Scatter over a little of the reserved cucumber, chilli and coriander leaves and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.