These are THE favorite biscuits in my home, I seem to be making them almost weekly now! I can’t remember where the recipe originally came from – It may have been Jamie Oliver…
|Time: Prep: 15mins, Cook: 10-12mins||Serves: makes around 24|
100g butter – softened
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
3/4 cup of wholemeal flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
1/2 cup of raisins (if you don’t like raisins you can substitute with dried cranberries, chocolate chips or desiccated coconut)
I sometimes like to pretend I’m healthy so I will usually add in a tablespoon of ground flaxseed – a super food which is said to help prevent heart disease, cancer and diabetes! Just to balance out all that bad sugar!! 🙂
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add egg and vanilla extract and beat (I use an electric beater for speed, but if you don’t have one a whisk is fine)
- Sift in the dry ingredients and add oats and raisins, and stir to combine.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden – I find 10 minutes is enough in my oven on fan bake.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.