This is one of those great mid-week dinners because it’s quick, easy and you can really throw whatever vegetables you have in the fridge or freezer into it.
|Time: Prep: 15-20mins Cook: 20mins||Serves: 4|
2 1/2-3 cups of steamed rice (cooked a day or two before)
1 chicken breast – diced into small chunks
5 bacon rashers – diced
1 brown onion – finely diced
1 small red capsicum – finely diced
1 celery stalk – finely diced
1 cup frozen corn kernels (or tinned)
1 cup frozen peas
4 eggs – lightly whisked
- Heat a little sesame oil in a wok or pan on medium-high heat and cook the chicken breast until golden, remove and set aside.
- Add bacon, onion, capsicum and celery to the wok and cook for about 5 minutes until onion is soft and bacon is cooked.
- Add the corn and peas and cook for a few minutes until heated through.
- Add rice and chicken and toss ingredients together in the pan.
- Add soy sauce and cracked pepper to taste.
- Add egg and mix in at the last minute just before removing from heat and serve.